There is only one chance to get your day right. Each event is unique and the duties I perform will be tailored to your event. Employing a good, professional Asian Toastmaster ensures that the day will run smoothly at a fraction of the cost of your other expenses.
Typically, I carry out the following duties:
· Advise on wedding etiquette and customs prior to and during the big day.
· Be at the reception venue well before the arrival of the couple so that I can liaise with the catering manager, photographer, DJs etc about the way the day will be run.
· Receive and direct your guests for welcome drinks, facilities etc.
· Receive and escort the Bride and Bridegroom on their arrival.
· Assist the official photographer as required.
· Organise the receiving line and introduce the guests to the hosts
· Announce that the Wedding Breakfast/Dinner is to be served and call your guests to table.
· Announce the grand entrance of the Bride and Bridegroom and escort them to the top table.
· Say Grace (religious/nonreligious) or introduce a chosen guest to do so.
· Introduce the formal speakers and assist with any presentations
· Announce the host/guests who will propose the traditional toasts.
· Coordinate distribution of bouquets and presents.
· Announce and direct the cutting of the wedding cake.
· At the completion of the meal arrange for the banqueting suite to be cleared and prepared for any entertainment to follow.
· Introduce the DJ and entertainers
· Announce the first dance
The above duties will be tailored to suit the needs of your special day. Having been engaged for many wedding receptions, I have the experience of every variation from the traditional norm. My overarching aim is to ensure that you as the client can enjoy the whole proceedings knowing that I am contributing significantly in looking after your guests.
Prior to your event a brain storming session can be arranged to ensure your needs have been explicitly expressed, explained and evaluated so that nothing is left to chance. A professional toastmaster can make the difference between the perfect day and near disaster.
With Asian Weddings I usually help structure the day to ensure all religious and customary duties are announced and explained as required.